Friday, March 21, 2008

duWhistleblowers Is Born

Inspired by the brave post of former du mod at DemocraticWarrior, a blog is born. That thread is entitled, Ask Me Anything.

If you have revelations to share about your experiences at DU, you, too, are welcome here.

Please also see the DUscoveryChannel, where the simians who are currently in control at DU are watched in their natural habitat.

- Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one interesting thread. I hope this blog gets some attention, because so many people are "disappeared" for reasons I don't understand, and apparently many of them don't understand, either. Then there isn't a place for them to go to ask why, or to even tell other people they're gone.

From what I've read so far, it certainly doesn't seem fair or...democratic in many cases. I understand questions to the admins are most often ignored, and that troubles me, too.

The level of intelligent discussion on DU is certainly suffering due to some of the more recent ts'es, and some of the posts that are allowed to remain just make me shake my head.

I hope they don't consider themselves to be a serious progressive site - they've become more and more of a joke as this primary season wears on, and IMO other sites are going to benefit because of it.

Tom Yossarian Joad said...

I was Billy_Pilgrim who changed his name to Tom Yossarian Joad and was tombstoned. I went back in for over 1K posts under the name Dawggie and was TS'd again after a PM to Fredda Weinberg in which I mentioned I was TYJ.

I pissed them off when I once told them I wasn't a lemming and the mods could fuck off. This was after a spate of anti war poetry that I posted that kept getting lots of recs but obviously was not to a mod's liking.

I was with DU in the beginning and nearly to their end. They seem to have the DLC writing their points and it's a shame.

They were once a point of hope and have degenerated into a cesspool of DLC and DNC talking points.

Tom Yossarian Joad said...

I was Billy_Pilgrim who changed his name to Tom Yossarian Joad and was tombstoned. I went back in for over 1K posts under the name Dawggie and was TS'd again after a PM to Fredda Weinberg in which I mentioned I was TYJ.

I pissed them off when I once told them I wasn't a lemming and the mods could fuck off. This was after a spate of anti war poetry that I posted that kept getting lots of recs but obviously was not to a mod's liking.

I was with DU in the beginning and nearly to their end. They seem to have the DLC writing their points and it's a shame.

They were once a point of hope and have degenerated into a cesspool of DLC and DNC talking points.

Unknown said...

That makes me wonder if they read PM's or if Fredda blew you in. I do believe they read PM's, but they can't possibly read everyone's, so my guess is that you were burned by Fredda. What do you think?